I've read too many books about writers and artists coming to Paris and sitting in café's while they discussed great ideas, read books, and wrote great literature, and I came here assuming that my life would somehow be that romantic. But instead it's been a bit like drinking out of a fire hose, history, religion, grammar, literature, new food, literally walking miles everyday, and so many crazy sounds and smells--all coming at me faster then I can absorb. I'm loving it, but I can barely keep up. Today, things took a turn for the better. After school we did a little bit of shopping and decided to just do homework and go a bit slower.
We started right after class and stopped at this crêpe stand for lunch where we were totally entertained. This guy was great! When he found out we were from Utah he kept asking the girls if they wanted to be another one of his wives. He was true showman as he made our panini's and crêpes, spinning his spatula and flirting like crazy with the girls.
And then he wanted to take our picture for us. Check out our crêpes, they were great!
Showing off!
Brittany and Kelli wanted to go home for a while, but I decided I didn't want to leave since we had to come back for FHE, so I sent them home and just stayed and did homework sitting on the square outside the Pompidou Museum. Notice my new sweatshirt, I finally broke down and bought a Paris sweatshirt because I'm tired of being cold in my bedroom! (It came in handy today too).
After a while I moved up to a cafe and bought some hot chocolate. I know this picture is terrible, but I took so many trying to get a good one that my table neighbors were starting to wonder what was wrong with the lady who kept taking her own picture.
My hot chocolate and homework!
My café
My view!!
My other view!
And a church for you, just so you know I'm still in France!
Notice this group of school kids all playing in this fountain, kids just make such great sounds laughing and talking! But I'm also impressed with the teacher who put them all in florescent pink and green vests so they can be easily tracked. Brilliant!!
I need about a dozen days like this!!

In the fountain picture I love the mural of the man shushing. I love the big murals on all of the buildings in France.
ReplyDelete