Who goes to Paris and doesn’t go to the Eiffel Tower for two
and a half weeks? Moi!!! I can’t give
you a really good reason except that the weather has been so bad! One of my favorite things about being here
with my roommates is that I get to see this through their eyes, and for Kelli,
seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time had to be perfect! I saw it when I was here with Jim and Sarah
so I was fine with waiting, and was content with the few times we would see it
through the trees. And to make it more
fun, Brittany and Kellie came up with this great plan to dress in stripped
shirts and wear red scarfs and carry baguettes when went there! (Those of you who know me know I’m incapable
of coming up with these ideas, but lucky for me, I have friends.) So dress up we did, and baguettes we
bought. But first we had to do our
homework and do “the walk!” Today it was
“Of Art, War and Worlds Fairs!”, and had
some very very cool things to see, with Mr. Eiffel just peering out around
buildings and trees till the end.
You're supposed to looking at the statue of Charles de Gaulle!
Our first look!
We were all struck when we saw these french women in such colorful clothes! Maybe everyone in France doesn't wear black!
Another peak!
One of the cool things today was the Rodin Museum. From my previous trip this was one of my favorites, and it didn't let me down. Last time this garden was full of splendid fall colors, today it was spring flowers!
I love this statue, it never fails to move me.
The Gate of Hell
Much of museum is in the garden, it's just such a great way to look at art!
And a sandbox for the Grandkids....I really missed them today!
And food! Always food! This soup was hot and delicious! I've been looking for some French soup and this was perfect, because today was just a little bit chilly.
And the bird liked my dessert! Yes, I'm sitting right there, he was just a nervy little guy!
What can I say....
Rodin did vases...
Love this!
I turned the corner and thought, "Wow, he paints like Van Gogh! No, it was a real Van Gogh, just for fun!
Brittany's favorite.
This was what Rodin painted--I can see why he's famous for his sculptures!
Next stop, The Hotel of the Invalides, or in english, The Veterans Memorial
And yet again, another peak!!
Under that big gold dome?? The tomb of Napoleon, and this picture is not lying, it real is that big!! Do they really like the guy that much?? They must!!
Okay, part of the Veterans memorial was a huge museum, and I found it fascinating, but I fear it is one of those things where "you just had to be there!" (And I'm feeling a little self conscious about that last post that went on forever), so I'm going to really be brief here. But just so you know, they made armor for kids. We were all a little disturbed about that!
Brittany and Kelli meet there Knight in Shining Armor here.
There were rooms and rooms of this, and we were surprised at how interesting it was, but I'm just going to let you come see it yourself! If you want to see more pictures, just let me know!
This was in the weapons section and made me start chanting "But Drummer Hoff fired it off!!
This battering ram was also in the weapons section, look at the detail!
These are the handles.
Got to love the red white and blue.
And very cool women on their way to a wedding.
And very cool cars!
This vest fought in the American Revolutionary War.
Napoleons horse!! Really!!
Saying good bye!!
A perfect french moment, a citron crepe and Ella and Nat singing "Springtime in Paris." Thank you Mark!!
There it is again!
Almost!
And we're there!!
I'm really in Paris!!
Finally, I can eat the baguette I've been carrying around!
Just chillin
Totally chillin
Brittany said "think of Jim" just as she snapped the picture! (As if I wasn't already!)
Missing my grandkids again!
A perfect french adventure!!





























I like all your pictures! Keep posting them! I also enjoy the history and art lessons!
ReplyDeleteIf you want to take my kids to Paris--I won't stop you...
ReplyDeleteJenni