One of the assigned field trips in the city was to climb to the top of the highest central point in Nice and visit the remains of an old Castle. And after trying unsuccessfully on Monday, we found it open today!
But first, it's so hard for me not to take pictures on every corner. I LOVE the colors and shutters and balconies here in Nice. This city is so warm and beautiful.
****************
The top of the rock!
This site is so old that most of the structures have all but disappeared. It is primarily a beautiful park now with some very remarkable views of the city.
This is the one of the archeological sites.
I still love my roofs, and in Nice they are amazing. I find the red to be so romantic!
We just wound our way up and down these paths.
When I see ruins like those behind this tree, I wish I was an archeologist and could understand what I was looking at.
Yes, I really was here!
The predominate feature in Nice is the bay and the extraordinarily long beach! You can see it from everywhere.

mom, just wanted you to know that I am here and reading your blogs and love them and am jealous of you and I brag about you all the time. Way to go!!
ReplyDeleteMike.
I finally got to catch up with Jenny and she said that you are on a study abroad! I think that is AWESOME. We used to talk all the time on the mission about having a never ending desire to explore the world. Way to live what we talked about. I love your pictures of Nice. Ca me manque!!
ReplyDelete