Thursday, April 26, 2012

Success!!!!

I've had success!  When I've dreamed of coming to Paris, I've really had only one dream: to walk into a patisserie and order some wonderful french something and get out without excessive pointing.  Well, I did it yesterday!!  Yea!  It will only get better from here!  Of course, I couldn't understand anything the lady said to me after I ordered, but hey, that gives me something else to dream about!

Me: "Je voudrais un croissant s'il vous plaît."  And voila!
(I know, there are two there, my friend ordered one after me and they were put in the same bag!)

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy. I drove 20 minutes today for the best baguette in town (I'm told) just because I was jealous that you were at a real patisserie today!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm... I am so jealous. I'm driving to bakersfield tomorrow and now I'm wondering if there is a good pain au chocolate anywhere. Way to go, Mom! French really works!

    ReplyDelete